Free School Meal Application information
We are encouraging parents who have experienced a change in their circumstances to apply for income related free school meals. This is a very easy process and is completed either online or via the attached form.
The government has announced that they will continue with the current scheme to help all families who are registered for benefits related free school meals to provide families with a supermarket voucher each week. This will amount to £15 per week per child through the summer holidays.
If your financial situation has changed, please check the criteria below. If you now meet this criteria, please apply on the link below. If you are successful, we will confirm this to you when we get confirmation from Worcestershire County Council. We will then need a preferred email address to send voucher codes to you.
Who can apply for Free School Meals?
Free School Meals can only be awarded if you or your partner are claiming either;
· Universal Credit provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The guarantee element of Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
· Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax credit.
Important Update - March 2022...
Please find below a letter from Worcesterhire Children First with regards to their NEW ONLINE Free School Meals Self Service System.
Important Notice: From 11th March 2022 the Free School Meals (FSM) team will not be accepting paper application forms unless a parent/carer has contacted the FSM team and discussed their case with them.
The FSM Team also want to make it clear to all parents that there is no loss of eligibility for any family currently eligible for free school meals until at least July 2023 and registering their details in the portal will not remove current arrangements if a meal is being provided. There may be some parents who want to check the eligibility criteria if their circumstances have changed and they believe that they are now eligible, and they will be able to log in and do this.
If you have any questions, the team at Free School Meals (Worcestershire Children First) will be happy to help.
Mrs Roe - Business Manager